Lychee and summer, you have the nostalgic childhood memories revived. Though the Litchi flavored juice is available throughout the year. That excitement, when you can bring out those flavors naturally with this homemade Lychee ice cream recipe is real.
And those caramel bites totally came off by integrating a broken recipe ingredients as a topping with this delicious ice cream scoop. The combo of soft Lychee bits with crunchy caramel bites in your frozen scoop is what you should never miss.
Adding caramel bites to the scoop gives your otherwise vanilla looking like ice cream a nice visual punch! don’t you agree we eat with our eyes first. 🙂
Join me here! make and treat yourself as you travel the memory lane that’s close to your heart.
When do Lychees come in season and how to choose them
Creating best recipe starts with choosing the right ingredients, here are few tips for you to choose your lychees wisely.
Lychees Come in season from early spring till Autumn. In India, its widely available during Summer season.
Litchi is a fruit with husk, tender flesh, and a seed inside. Choose by Litchis with bright colored husk, a dull-colored represents an overripen one and starts spoiling soon. Brown-colored husk has to be avoided as it is already spoiled and fermented.
If you are looking for more chilled treats to keep you cool inside out, check our recipes
- Famous in streets of Kerala Kulukki sarbath
- From the streets of Delhi Mohabbat ka Sharbat
- Non Alcoholic Punch recipe
- Cucumber cooler
How to make Lychee Ice cream with caramel bits
This fresh Lychee Ice cream recipe is Eggless and no churn (made without an Ice-cream maker).
Added Bonus, a nice Lychee flavor Ice cream without any cooking.
1.Peel, and deseed the Litchis
2. Next step is to whisk Condensed milk and heavy whipping cream together. Here we don’t look for stiff peaks. Yet, the creamy, light and fluffy texture is to look for. we made use of, an Electric hand blender to bring them together.
If you are using a Mixer grinder instead of a hand blender, don’t grind for a longer time, this would increase the heat and separate the butter from the cream. Resulting in a runny mixture.
A simple whisker should be fine too. but ensure you are making the mixture light and fluffy with some muscle work.
3. Then comes, infusing the Litchi Flavor, You can Either blend the Litchi’s finely, strain it and use the juice in the mix.
We like some bits of Litchi to have with the ice cream, so we added the flesh in jar and gave it few pulses, thereby grinding the flesh coarsely. Alternatively, you can also blend half of the Litchi’s finely and chop the remaining half. The lychee’s when blended are rich white and creamy.
4. Mix the Litchi Pulp with whisked Condensed milk and heavy cream.
5. Caramel bites :
- Grease a baking tray and line it with baking paper. Now, Grease the baking paper.
- Take 1/2 cup granulated sugar and (one and a half tablespoons) 1 1/2 tbsp of water in a sauce pan and mix together. Mixture should make the sugar wet and not fully dissolved.
- Now Place the sauce pan in a medium to high heat and cook till the sugar is light brown color (Amber)
- Give it a 30 sec cooling time and pour over baking sheet.
- It sets within three to five minutes (3-5 min)
- Now break the caramel bites and are ready to get topped.
6. Top the ice cream with caramel bites and Pop them up in freezer for 6 to 8 hours.
7. After freezing time, scoop them out for a nice Litchi flavor caramel Ice treat.
How to make Litchi Icecream with caramel bites
- Hand whipper or mixer grinder
- 1 cup Condensed milk
- 1.5 cup Whipped cream
- 500 g Litchi / Lychees
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar
- 1½ tbsp Water
- Grease the baking tray and line it with a greased baking paper.
- Now, take granulate sugar and water in a sauce pan and give it a mix.
- Place, the saucepan in medium to high heat till the sugar gets 'amber' color.
- Switch it off and give 30 seconds to cool and pour it over baking paper.
- After few minutes, it is completely set and break them into tiny pieces.
Lychee Ice cream
- De husk, deseed and grind the Lychee coarsely. Alternatively, grind half of the litchi's to a fine paste and chop the remaining half, to get the ice cream a bit of twist with litchi bites.
- If you don't like bits and pieces of litchi in your ice cream you can also strain the puree.
- Whisk Condensed milk and heavy whipping cream with an Electric hand whipper.
- Fold in the Litchi puree to the cream mix.
- Pop it up in the freezer for 6-8 hours.
- Top them with Crunchy caramel bites or rose syrup. Even serve just the scoops to enjoy your homemade dessert.
How long can you store this Lychee Ice cream in freezer?
You can devour them by storing them in the freezer for three to four weeks. You can store it for more days if you didn’t open the container. Ours was wiped clean in minutes.
Other variation (Inducing rose flavour with Litchi)
You can also add few drops of rose water to induce rose flavour to your Litchi Ice cream.
Too Lazy to make caramel bites?
Another way of topping this ice cream instead of caramel bites is to top it with rose syrup while serving. This gives you a nice Lychee rose Ice cream.
This Litchi Ice cream recipe tastes amazing without any toppings. So no need to worry even if you don’t have a rose syrup handy.
Hi, ‘m Fahira
Welcome to Curry Lens,
Landed here for your favorite recipe!?
We at curry Lens Help to make your favorite recipe with tips, possible substitutions and our failed attempts and explaining the ‘why’s’ behind it. so you can overcome without making one
. Tried this recipe? Tell me how it turned out !! Always Love to hear from you 🙂
Have a recipe request shoot us through DM or mail. We are on all Ears.