Mohabbat Ka sharbat is a refreshing drink that is famous from the streets of Delhi. Quench Your summers with this three-ingredient beverage.
Mohabbat – divine Love; Sharbat – a drink prepared from fruits and diluted with water.
This delicious summer drink is similar to a type of Indian style watermelon shake. ah! or should I call it as a Watermelon Smoothie?
yes, it’s that easy. Later in this page, you will find a recipe for watermelon smoothie in an Indian style.
The beauty of this delicious drink is that it can be made ahead and refrigerated.
It used to be one of our standby drink as a quencher in most days of Ramadan as they are easy to make. During our iftars, I would always make the delicious drink ahead without adding watermelon juice and freeze them.
This is an easy recipe to adapt for larger crowd, and best suitable for Eid parties or any other parties. because, the love for this drink is that much endless and that’s why its also called as ‘Pyaar Mohabbat ka sharbat’ in some parts old Delhi.
You can also enjoy your summer days by giving your regular drinks a twist by trying out these recipes,
What is Mohabbat ka Sharbat?
Mohabbat Ka sharbat is a popular drink from delhi. It is almost can be found across streets of delhi as it is one of the most liked street food.
It is also devoured the best after kebabs. But I would like to have my drink without pairing it with other foods.
It is said to be originated from old delhi by a , and also known as Pyar mohabbat ka sharbat in different places like jama masjid.
If you would like to explore its history, You can read more about it here.
Ingredients for making Mohabbat ka sharbat
The base of this three-ingredient beverage is of ,
- rose syrup.
However, the addition of Watermelon juice, water, sugar and milk are purely based on how you would like to have the drink. Chopped watermelon cubes give this refreshing drink nice textures. you will definitely like that crunch from watermelon slices while sipping.
Finally, rose petals are used to garnish the drink you can also skip this step of garnishing.
What goes in for making Watermelon smoothie
Though, Mohabbat ka Sharbat is a diluted drink with water. It can be easily adapted to a smoothie by eliminating the addition of water in the recipe.
This smoothie is an easy recipe that you will ever love to mix up as it will be ready in 2 minutes and tastes the best.
This watermelon smoothie can also be made further rich by blending it up with Ice cream. For this, consider adding unflavored Ice cream or If you like the flavours of vanilla in watermelon smoothie, you can go with Vanilla Flavored ice creams. But remember, this will make you too full.
If You would like to have a vegan version of this smoothie, you can make it dairy-free by adding almond milk in substitution with cow’s milk.
Recipe for Mohabbat ka Sharbat | Watermelon shake
1. Extract watermelon juice from watermelon and gather all the ingredients. Chop the watermelon into small cubes and keep it aside.
2. If using fresh milk, heat the milk ahead of preparation, rest it for few minutes and chill them.
If using Pasteurise milk you can skip this step and can directly mix all the ingredinets
3. Mix watermelon juice, water, chilled milk, rose syrup, sugar and garnish them with rose petals and chopped watermelon slices.
4. Feel free to adjust the amount of sugar added in the recipe. I used Roohafza in place of rose syrup. so I added less sugar. if using rose syrup adjust the sugar according by increasing or decreasing the amount based on your prefrence.
4. Add Ice cubes before serving. That’s it enjoy sipping.
Tips to make best watermelon shake | Mohabbat ka sharbat
1. I have used Roohafza for this recipe, You can try this recipe with regular rose syrup. However, there is no much difference with both.
2. This recipe is easily adaptable. Make a watermelon smoothie or a thick shake by skipping the step of diluting the drink with water.
3. you can skip adding ice while serving and can also ensure the ingredients are all at room temperature. This would be particularly useful If you are planning to serve this for kids for whom you are afraid of cold and cough.
4. You can also add condensed milk to the recipe but, keep it in small quantity as this would add too much sweetness to your drink.
5. Addition of watermelon juice is optional. But consider adding them if you are serving the drink immediately. This would help blending the flavours of watermelon into the drink.
6. If You prefer not to add juice, I would highly recommend you to prepare the drink ahead and keep them for few hours with chopped watermelons in. Alternatively, you can make them rest in refrigerator. This step would help the flavours of watermelon to blend in with the drink.
7. You can also consider adding Basil seeds (sabja) to the recipe. I haven’t added it to my drink as I thought to keep it original.
8. If you are using fresh milk instead of pasteurised one, first heat the milk and allow it to cool completely before adding to the recipe or you can refrigerate them too. Adding Watermelon slices or juice to hot milk can make milk to curdle.
9. Add a scoop of ice cream before serving to make this delicious and refreshing drink as a dessert. For this, I would like to eliminate the addition of water in this same recipe.
After all, who doesn’t loves a quick whip desserts right? Mangoes and watermelons are our favourite summer fruits. and therefore I always whip a quick dessert using mangoes.
10. You can also make it as a ice cream shake by blending a scoop of icecream directly with drink.
11. For garnishing I used dried rose petals. you can use fresh rose petals too.
Mohabbat ka sharbat | Watermelon Shake
- 1/2 cup Watermelon juice
- 1½ cup Milk
- 2 tbsp Rose syrup
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Chopped watermelon pieces for garnishing
- 6-8 Ice cubes small
- ½ cup Chilled water
- Extract 1 cup of watermelon juice from 1/4th of watermelon.
- If you are using Fresh milk, heat milk by bringing it to boiling point rest it down and cool them straightaway. Make this step ahead of preperation.
- Add sugar, water, chilled milk, rose syrup to watermelon juice
- Garnish with rose petals, and add ice cubes before serving.
- Do step 2 and 3 in method 1 except adding watermelon juice.
- Chill them for an hour and enjoy by garnishing with rose petals and oice cubes.