The recipe for peach iced tea is one of the best flavored iced tea recipes to try this summer with the goodness of tea and fruity bites of peaches.Jump to Recipe
Are you a tea person or someone who likes to keep their refreshing drinks menu in rotation, but your work or kids is consuming you? then make way on your day with this easy peach iced tea recipe.
I love my tea time, but the scorching summer heat waves make me crave iced drinks plus my dopamine of my ‘me time’ with tea is strong. On such days, this homemade Peach iced tea comes as my guard.
As summers are harsh here, we eat water! yes, you read it right.
we have filled our planner for snack with all refreshing drinks to make us move in the morning hours. You should definitely check out our list of refreshing drink menu that comprises of
- Cucumber cooler
- Apple Lemonade punch
- Southern favourite kulukki sarbath
- Northern favourite Mohabbat ka sharbat
- Summer super drink Thandai
while this iced peach tea sorts out our busy evenings.
Homemade Peach Iced Tea
The place we live is the hottest part of India and the in-seasonal products make way more than another. So, its habitual for us to enjoy the seasonal products in different form. with that said, I love enjoying the seasonal favorites to a bit of extent, as I did in this recipe of Peach iced tea and mangoes in the form of trifle
The peach simple syrup for tea is made previously. In this way, you can enjoy them for 2 more weeks by preparing them and storing in the refrigerator for future uses. This will help you to make instant peach teas.
We made this Peach sweet tea with fresh peaches and this recipe is easy to follow as it catches up with overall 3 ingredients.
Peach Iced tea Ingredients
- Peaches: Peach Iced tea is nothing without peaches. Try to use fresh peaches for this recipe. Canned peaches also work well.
- Sweetener: I used cane sugar for this recipe. You can also add sugar-free sweeteners instead of sugar. but the taste and amount of sugar would vary slightly.
- Tea: This Easy Peach Iced tea recipe uses loose tea powder. You can also use tea leaves and tea bags but the amount and steeping time would vary depending on the type of product.
Addon’s to make Peach iced tea drink special
- Mint: Muddle few mint leaves and add on to the tea pitcher strain and serve by adding ice cubes. I used mint addon for this peach infused tea recipe making it as a mint peach tea
- Citrus Peel
Peach tea recipe starts with making peach simple syrup. Let’s make the syrup first.
Peach Syrup Recipe
Take fresh peaches and slice into thin pieces
In a bowl add water, followed by sliced peaches and a cup of sugar.
Let it boil for 8-10 minutes in a medium to low heat.
Then, leave it for 25 minutes more.
In the mean time, prepare decoction to save you time.
you can pre prepare this peach iced tea syrup during weekends and store it in the refrigerator to enjoy the peach iced tea during weekdays.
How to make peach iced tea
Now you have your homemade peach syrup ready or its already prepared and stored in you refrigerator.
Now add your tea leaves or powder to a cup of boiling water. Let it boil for 2 minutes and steep for 4 more minutes. We used tea powder of 1 tsp per cup. your quantity of tea leaves or powder varies with the type you coose.
Once it comes to a room temperature, add ice cubes and peach syrup of 1 tablespoon per cup. Muddle few mint leaves and add it to the drink for it to be more refreshing. Also, feel free for extra addon’s as mentioned above here.
Also catchup with the recipe video if you are a visual person
Peach iced tea with homemade peach syrup
- 1 cup peaches sliced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tsp Tea powder
- 3 cup Water
- Take 1 cup of sliced peaches.
- In a saucepan add the sliced peaches, and sugar, and add water.
- Let it boil for 2-3 minutes and simmer for 25 minutes.
- The right consistency is when the peaches are mushy and the sugar syrup brings out one string consistency.
- Let it cool down.
- In a saucepan add water and bring it to a roaring boil.
- Now add the tea powder and simmer it for 2 minutes and then switch off the flame.
- Let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Now add the peach syrup and tea decoction.
- Then, muddle a few mint leaves and add to the glass.
- To this add Small pieces of peaches and Ice cubes before serving.
Extra tips to make this summer drink special
1.You can store the homemade peach syrup for tea in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
2. You can also store the peach syrup and tea decoction separately and mix them by adding ice cubes and addon’s. This way, you can adjust the servings based on the taste lately.
3. Avoid over boiling the tea for more than 2 minutes, this will make the tea bitter. You can also add more water for less strong decoction.
4. Use Fresh and well-ripe peaches gives natural sweetness. In other case the amount of sugar has to be increased in peach syrup.
Alternatively, Avoid altering the amount of sugar and use it same as in this recipe and add honey just before serving.